Thursday, July 15, 2010

Koolatron Cooler Review

I have noticed of late that Koolatron coolers are being advertised on my blog. As you may know, we bloggers really have little to say about what ads are placed on the blog.  In this case however, just wanted to state that long before the ads on my blog, I wanted a Koolatron to take in the Jeep as we roam around during our stays at various locations. So, last week, I purchased one at a local large truck stop for $129.  The ad on my blog sells them for less than $110, including shipping ! I just did not want to wait.

Anyway, just wanted to pass along that the one I purchased, the Model P-20 does work. On the first trip in the Jeep with it, I made a mistake and hooked it up to heat instead of cooling ! Well, it worked great to the surprise of my wife when she started to prepare our sandwiches !  I corrected my mistake and it started cooling.

I set it up in the coach and plugged it in with a thermometer in it. It actually cooled and stayed in the 40 degree range, just like my Norcold fridge. Ideally, I should plug it in to the 12 volt in the coach and let it cool to the 40 degree range and then load it from the Norcold for roaming around in the Jeep. I'm advised it will not run the coach batteries down as it cools.

One recommendation: If you get one, and use it as we do, I would unplug it when the vehicle you're traveling in is not running !

So, bottom line, it works; it's made in Canada instead of China, and it's a "cool" device !

2 comments:

  1. Great info. We have thought about looking into those for our travesl

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information and the link. We have a Jeep Wrangler that we take on side trips and that would be perfect.

    Looking forward to catching up on your blog. :)
    We started full-timing in August of last year and are currently camp hosting at a state park in Ga.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete