Monday, May 20, 2013

Our trip West this year had it's down days. 70 miles south of Albuquerque on I-25, my alternator went out. I was able to coast in to a rest stop, literally could not have traveled another 100 yards. After talking to some mechanic friends, concluded it was the alternator and called Coach-Net. An hour or so later, a wrecker that seemed larger than my coach showed up and a short while later my coach went for a fast ride up I-25 to Rocky Mountains Cummins. The wrecker driver backed us into a site on the Cummins lot and we had hook-ups. The next morning, the Cummins staff concluded it was indeed a bad alternator, located one in town and had it installed by the afternoon along with all the belts I asked them to replace while they were in there. Cummins invited us to stay until the next morning. Great service at Cummins and a great wrecker service. Coach-Net did a quick and professional job and the wrecker service cost me nothing. Lesson learned: What the alternator guage and if it looks weak......check it out. These big coaches just will not shift or run without plenty of battery power.

No comments:

Post a Comment