Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Batteries for the Dutch Star

Yesterday, I installed four new deep cycle 6 volt batteries in the Dutch Star. I decided on Interstate batteries after calling Newmar to see which brand is being installed in the new Newmar coaches. Interstate batteries are also sold just about everywhere and if necessary can be returned for replacement fairly easily.  The biggest issue I had was remembering the wiring placement, so I tagged each cable. I also pulled all the roller bearings which allow the battery tray to slide out easily and packed the bearings with grease. Then I painted the battery tray and installed the new batteries. These are the batteries called "house" batteries which power all the interior lighting, slides, etc.. These should last 5 to 6 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment