Saturday, April 6, 2013

Well, it has been a somewhat boring time in Corpus Christi the last few months...I miss the road. We're getting the coach ready for an early May departure to the West; gotta have my mountain fix. Today, the coach carpet is being cleaned. This week, I replaced some clearance lights. Next week, she gets an oil change and lube, and inspection, then I start reloading. This time, I'll try to keep the weight down. Seems we always take way too many clothes, etc.  I have a habit of buying books along the way, so we have to leave room for them !

This year, we are thinking of heading to Tulsa first to visit some old friends, then heading west, stopping for some mountain air around Taos and Eagle Nest, and Chama, New Mexico. Then we may head to Mesa Verde. I am fascinated with the cliff dwellings. Then, on to Arches and Moab in Utah, and then Thermopolis, Wyoming to visit friends, and on to Lolo, Montana where will sit still for two months. We love the Bitterroots and the Missoula area. Coming back, we will stop at West Yellowstone and hit the park again, then head down through Colorado, maybe Estes Park.

Anyway, I will try to keep the blog up better than I did last year. I was traveling last year but also coping with some medical issues that got worse while I was working in Africa in 2011 for several months. Still dealing with it, but much better now and should have the energy to travel and communicate better.

See you on the road !


No comments:

Post a Comment